Lease Rewards®Program: Terms and Conditions
LEASE REWARDS® PROGRAM TERMS AND AGREEMENT
This is the Agreement for the Lease Rewards® Program (the "Program") between the provider of the Program, Coverdell & Company, a discount medical plan organization (hereafter, "We", "Us" and/or "Our") and the participants in the Program ("You" and/or "Your"). Your participation in the Program constitutes Your agreement to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the "Agreement"). IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES toll-free at 1 (888) 831-4311 (AVAILABLE Monday - Friday, 8 am - 8 pm Eastern Standard Time, or write Us through the QLT Consumer Lease Services web site, www.qltcls.com.)
1. General Conditions. The Program and its discounts are offered to customers of QLT Consumer Lease Services, Inc. ("QLT"), at Our discretion. QLT Consumer Lease Services has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program rules, benefits, or conditions, in whole or in part, at any time with advance notice of any material changes to You.
2. Term. Subject to prior Program termination, as set forth in Section 1 above, You may participate in the Program at no cost as long as You remain a customer of QLT Consumer Lease Services.
3. Program Benefits. As a participant in the Program, You receive access to discounts and/or other advantages on certain products and services offered by participating vendors. Benefits are explained in the Program welcome package and on the Lease Rewards Program page of the QLT web site, www.qltcls.com. (hereafter "Benefits")
4. Use of Program. Participation in the discounts on vision and hearing care products, prescription drugs and savings on vitamins and supplements provided by the Program is non-transferable. You agree that only You and Your immediate family may use the Program. "Immediate Family" means You, Your spouse and Your children, under 23 years of age, living at Your home. You will promptly notify Us if You become aware of any unauthorized use of the Program or Your Program identification card or number, or if Your Program identification card is lost or stolen.
5. Disclaimer of Liabilities. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
a. WE AND QLT AND OUR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY BENEFITS PROVIDED BY PARTICIPATING VENDORS AND, IF YOU HAVE ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO SUCH BENEFITS, YOU WILL MAKE YOUR CLAIM DIRECTLY AGAINST THE VENDOR(S) PROVIDING THE BENEFIT.
b. WE MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES HEREUNDER, AND FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE BENEFITS OR RELATED INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU.
c. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR QLT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM.
d. EXCEPT FOR MARYLAND RESIDENTS, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ELIMINATE, ADD, CHANGE AND SUBSTITUTE BENEFITS AND PARTICIPATING VENDORS WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. MARYLAND RESIDENTS SHALL BE NOTIFIED OF MATERIAL CHANGES IN BENEFITS. WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PAYMENT OF OR CONTRIBUTION TO ANY USE OR SALES TAX ON THE BENEFITS THAT MAY BE IMPOSED BY TAXING AUTHORITIES AND SUCH TAXES, TO THE EXTENT IMPOSED, SHALL REMAIN YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY (OR THAT OF THE PROVIDER OF THE BENEFITS), AS THE CASE MAY BE.
e. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ANY CHARGES FOR WHAT YOU PURCHASE WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM.
6. Exclusions and Limitations. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Copyright & Trademark Notices. You acknowledge that Program materials contain information, software, photos, text, graphics, music, sounds or other material (collectively, "Content") that may be protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies, existing now or hereafter developed. All Content is copyrighted under U.S. copyright laws. The Lease Rewards name and logo are trademarks of QLT Consumer Lease Services. All other trademarks appearing on Our Web site are the trademarks of their respective owners. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the Content in whole or in part.
8. Availability Restrictions. This Program is only available to residents of the contiguous 48 United States. Orders to U.S. military post offices cannot be fulfilled.
9. Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the terms and conditions of this Program and no representations, inducements, promises or other agreements concerning the Program not included in this Agreement shall be effective or enforceable. If any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall become invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
10. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to its choice of law provisions thereof. Any dispute arising between You and Us will be resolved by submission to arbitration in Cook County, State of Illinois, in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in this Agreement is intended or shall be construed to negate or otherwise affect the applicable consumer protection laws of the state in which You reside.
Notwithstanding the provisions contained in this Section 10 above:
Governing Law and Arbitration for Florida Residents. This Agreement and its interpretation and enforcement shall be governed and controlled by the laws of the State of Florida. Any dispute arising from or related to this Agreement may be resolved by a voluntary binding arbitration conducted in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association in the local court of jurisdiction. This provision shall survive the termination of this Agreement and its interpretation shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act.
Governing Law and Arbitration for Montana Residents. This Agreement and its interpretation and enforcement shall be governed and controlled by the laws of the State of Montana. Any dispute arising from or related to this Agreement shall be resolved by a voluntary private arbitration conducted in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association in the State of Montana. This provision shall survive the termination of this Agreement and its interpretation shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act.
11. Disclosure. This Program is a discount program and is not insurance. Accordingly, the Program is not protected by any Life and Health Guaranty Association. The Program provides discounts at certain health care providers of medical services. The Program does not make payments directly to the providers of medical services. You are obligated to pay for all health care services but will receive a discount from those health care providers who have contracted with Us. This Program is administered by Coverdell & Company, a discount medical plan organization located at 8770 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60631, 1-800-308-0374.
12. General Complaint Procedure. Complaints of any nature may be filed with Coverdell & Company, a discount medical plan organization located at 8770 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60631.